P11D processing: management of workflow management tool: close batch
Once the forms P11D have been captured, then the RCU will return them to the home office.
When batches are received back from the RCU, their status is ‘Returned’ and the sending office (home office) need to ‘Close’ the batches.
To close the batches
- Select the [Filter] button in the Batch Manager screen
- Select the drop down arrow in the Status box in the Filter Batches screen and highlight ‘Returned’
- Select the [OK] button to return to the Batch Manager screen
- Select any number of batches from the display by highlighting each one
- Select the [Close] button. The batch status will be changed to ‘Closed’
Batches with status ‘Closed’ can only be viewed on the Batch Manager screen by filtering on ‘Closed’.
If an RCU is capturing forms P11D that are to be stored in the RCU after capture, then selecting the [Return] button under Return Batch will automatically ‘Close’ the batches. This is only when the sending office and the RCU numeral are the same.
Closing batches confirms that they have been received back in the home office. Review each closed batch to identify
- Notes made against employers included within each batch. You may need to act upon these notes
- Rejected forms P11D. These must be reviewed within the home office