Employer returns: enterprise tax management platform (ETMP): RTI XP return work list
An employer can submit an RTI return providing there is a mandation date on the EBS employer record.
Reason for entry on the work list
From April 2014 if an employer submits an RTI return relating to a pay period where ETMP does not have an RTI-PAYE return expectation, ETMP will still accept the return and raise the charge. Where this happens a separate work item will be generated on the RTI XP Return work list for each RTI return received.
Accessing the work list
The work list can be accessed from the ‘RTI Return Process Work Item’ role.
Working the work list
You will be responsible for
- Reviewing the employer record in EBS
- Amending the scheme type in EBS
Use EBS Function AMEND EMPLOYER TRADE & SCHEME DETAILS to
- Change the scheme type from XP to PSC
- Enter an RTI PAYE liability effective date - use the 6th of the month relating to the first pay period covered the RTI return
- Make a note of your actions in EBS AMEND EMPLOYER NOTES
Deletion of the work item
You will need to manually close the work item.
Note: There may be more than one work item relating to each FPS received.