Employer returns: electronic employer returns: e-file open appeals
The E-File open appeals screen will allow you to view the open E-File penalty appeals information of a chosen office.
To access the screen
- Select the [E-File Opens Appeals] button in the Special Functions screen
The sort order field allows you to choose the order in which appeals information is displayed. The screen defaults to display appeals by received date and the other sort order choice available is employer reference.
To change the sort order
- Select the arrow within the sort order field. You will be presented with a dropdown menu
- Select the sort order required
When you sort by
- Received date the appeals are listed in received date, penalty reference ascending order
- Employer reference the appeals are listed employer, return year ascending order
[Count] button and total field
The [Count] button allows you to obtain a count of open appeals within the E-File Open Appeal screen.
To obtain a count
- Select the [Count] button
The number of open appeals will be displayed in the total field.
Recording result of an appeal
The [Details] button allows you to view details of a particular appeal. To do this
- Select the appropriate appeal
- Select the [Details] button. You will be taken to the E-File penalty details screen for the chosen appeal