Employer records: set up employer record: pseudo employer records
You may receive a request to set up a ‘Pseudo’ employer record. This will arise from either
- An Employer Compliance section
- LBO(EC) Large Business Office (Employer Compliance)
- National Minimum Wage Unit
A Pseudo employer record is required
- In order that ECR (Employer Compliance Review) which is the employer compliance part of ECS (Employer Compliance System) can be used to register a review or inspection of an employer where no Employer Business Service (EBS) employer record already existed. A record must be set up on EBS so that the details can be passed from that record to ECS
- To handle penalties raised from 01/04/2009 on employers who are not paying their employees the National minimum wage (NMW). The penalty charge will be raised in Strategic Accounting Framework Environment (SAFE).