Gains and Losses shown in trade records: Causes of variation
You should check the other guidance available on GOV.UK from HMRC as Brexit updates to those pages are being prioritised before manuals.
Variations in loss figures may be explained by:
- increased rates of evaporation arising from
- steeply fluctuating temperatures;
- high winds; and
- changes in operational patterns (e.g. smaller receipt quantities, lower levels in storage tanks, blending innovations):
- accounting tolerances (e.g. 2mm in tank dips):
- an accident dealt with under HCOTEG152000 Accidents in the course of delivery and Accidents in an installation.