Introduction and overview of oils activity: Contaminated, waste and recovered oils: How 'waste' oil should be treated for duty purposes
How waste oil should be treated for duty purposes depends upon:
- how it was originally supplied ( duty paid or un-paid ) and its status ( rebated/un-rebated );
- the physical state that the oil is in ( i.e. is it essentially in the same condition as when it was delivered, has it been contaminated by other substances, or has it become accidentally mixed with other oils? );
- the processes ( if any ) to which it is to be subjected;
- the specification of the oil which is produced following treatment, as well as;
- the use to which it is intended to put any ‘recovered’ oil.