This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

National Insurance Manual

Special Cases: international - people going to or coming from abroad - RA: postings from a third country

A person who is working abroad paying UK NICs either compulsory or voluntarily may have the RA / DCC provisions applied as if they were posted to the third country direct from the UK.