Special Cases: International Going to or Coming From abroad: EEA Regulations 883/04 (After 1 May 2010): Personal scope
Regulation 883/2004 of the European parliament and of the council of 29 April 2004 on the coordination of social security systems
To be within the EU regulations a person has to come within the personal scope of the regulation:
- This Regulation shall apply to nationals of a Member State, stateless persons and refugees residing in a Member State who are or have been subject to the legislation of one or more Member States, as well as to the members of their families and their survivors.
- It shall also apply to the survivors of persons who have been subject to the legislation of one or more Member States, irrespective of the nationality of such persons. where their survivors are nationals of a Member State or stateless persons or refugees residing in one of the Member States.
This means that Regulation 883/2004 applies to:
- National of the EC member States
- Stateless persons and refugees residing in a Member State
- Members of their families and survivors