This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

National Insurance Manual

Special Cases: Married Women who are Crown Servants: Certificates of Election


Certain employers, e.g. Civil Service, HM Forces, do not have to hold certificates of election for married women employees who, since before 6 April 1975, have:


  • had a reduced rate election; and
  • been continuously employed.