This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

National Insurance Manual

Special Cases: Class 1 - Aircrew: European Economic Area (EEA) Article 14.2(a)

EEC Council Regulation 1408/71

A person employed in two or more Member States (see NIM33003) as a member of the travelling of flying personnel of an undertaking engaged in the international transport of passengers or goods by air is insured under UK legislation if:

  • they mainly work and are resident in the UK; or
  • employed by an employer in the UK even if it is only a branch of a company that is registered or has a place of business in another Member State.