Class 3 NICs: benefits for which Class 3 NICs count
Section 21 Social Security Contributions & Benefits Act 1992
Section 21 Social Security Contributions & Benefits (Northern Ireland) Act 1992Class 3 NICs count only towards satisfying the contribution conditions for the following benefits:
- basic State Pension (where the individual reaches State Pension age before 6 April 2010)
- bereavement payment (formerly widow’s payment up to April 2001)
- widowed parent’s allowance (formerly widowed mother’s allowance up to April 2001)
- bereavement allowance (formerly widow’s pension up to April 2001)
- child’s special allowance.