Class 1: Vouchers - non-cash vouchers - exemptions - passenger transport undertakings under pre-26th March 1982 arrangements
Regulation 25 and paragraph 2 of Part 5 of Schedule 3 Social Security (Contributions) Regulations 2001
NIM02416 shows the types of non-cash voucher (see NIM02413 ) that are specifically disregarded in calculating an employee’s earnings for Class 1 NICs purposes. Since 6th April 1999, a non-cash voucher to which section 86 ITEPA 2003 (transport undertakings under pre-26th March 1982 arrangements) applies is disregarded so long as:
the arrangements are intended to enable the employee or a member of their family to obtain passenger transport services provided by:
- the employer
- a 100% subsidiary of the employer
- a body corporate of which the employer is a 100% subsidiary
- another passenger transport undertaking; and
the employee is in “lower paid employment” as defined in section 217 ITEPA 2003.
For details of:
- the tax position of such vouchers, see EIM16070;
- the meaning of “lower paid employment”, see EIM20007.