Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

National Insurance Manual

Class 1 NICs : Earnings of employees and office holders : Council Tax, water or sewerage charges : Council Tax or water or sewerage charges paid on behalf of Ministers of Religion

If a Minister of Religion is living in a property owned by their Church, the Church is responsible for the Council Tax, water or sewerage charges. NICs are not due on the payment.