The scope of our supervision: Indicators of non compliance
Factors which may suggest non compliance are:
- The business is new and operating in a high risk sector. Officers should consider contacting the business to make sure they understand the requirements of the Regulations that relate to the specific risks within that business.
- A business has previously been found to be non compliant. Officers should visit the business to ensure any previous advice about what the business needs to put in place to avoid breaching the Regulations has been fully implemented.
- A business has previously breached the regulations and been issued with a penalty. Officers should consider visiting the business to ensure it has corrected the failings which led to the breach.
- A business operating in a high risk sector has become subject to new requirements under MLRs.
- A business or business sector has been identified as high risk from intelligence reports.
CIT Officers and Regional Compliance Officers should only carry out a telephone intervention or visit to businesses where the RTT has selected the business for a visit.