How our supervision is organised: The Central Intervention Team
Our Central Intervention Team is responsible for:
- Welcoming new businesses to HMRC supervision and offering help and advice following the letter introducing the team etc.
- Referring cases to the Educational Team where they feel there is need for further education.
- Undertaking an initial assessment of specific risks within new businesses
- Helping identify unregistered MLR businesses by using search methods, either by internet searches, business lists, etc.
- (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) , (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) . Validating the information and where appropriate writing to the business inviting them to register.
- (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) This should be in relation to the principal areas of the business where they should have controls in place, such as CDD and reporting procedures etc.
- Monitoring and progressing penalties issued by either Registration or Compliance e.g. monitoring for payment, referring to appeals or Debt Management Unit and monitoring progress once referred out of MLR.
- Providing a written enquiries function.