Stakeholders: Risk and Intelligence Service
The RIS Team in Coventry provides profiling and production resource to support Labour Provider Operational activity.
The team acts as the Single Point of Contact for referrals to and from:
- the GLA (Gangmasters Licensing Authority) and
- the SIA (Security Industry Authority).
Strong links have been established with the GLA and all information requests must be directed through the RIS Team in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
The RIS team also deal with the following: -
- Receipt and dissemination of Intelligence relevant to Labour Provider work
- Support with Tier 2 work (Missing Returns, VAT Verification, Large Debts, early identification of Phoenix businesses)
- Additional information requests (searches on systems to enhance LP interventions)
- Preparing Intelligence packages on request.
RIS is working closely with SI Tasking and Coordination to develop projects and utilise profiling capability to identify suitable cases for Tier 2 interventions.
Ideas for projects should be directed through the Ideas Generator, these will be considered by the governance board and feedback provided.