Stakeholders: Risk and Intelligence Service
The RIS team in Coventry provides profiling and production resource to support Labour Market Operational activity.
The team acts as the Single Point of Contact for referrals to and from:
- the GLAA (Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority) and
- the SIA (Security Industry Authority).
Strong links have been established with the GLAA and all information requests must be directed through the RIS Team in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
The RIS team also deal with the following: -
- Receipt and dissemination of Intelligence relevant to Labour Market work
- Support with Tier 2 work (missing returns, VAT verification, large debts, early identification of phoenix businesses)
- Additional information requests (searches on systems to enhance LM interventions)
- Preparing Intelligence packages on request.
RIS works closely with FIS Tasking and Coordination to develop projects and utilise profiling capability to identify suitable cases for Tier 2 interventions.
Ideas for projects should be directed through the Ideas Generator, these will be considered by the governance board and feedback provided.
Returning unopened SIP’s on Caseflow
If it is necessary to return a pre-open (unopened) SIP sourced from an LM project (excluding Locally Identified) the following process should be followed:
- Send the case to the T&C workbasket with a note in documentum as to why the case cannot be worked.
- If it is an Illegal Working referral – also send an email Janice Pighills with the details.
- Locally Identified cases are required to be worked to closure by the commissioning team or transferred to another LM team for working and cannot be returned to T&C.
- If it is necessary for an open case to be transferred out of FIS e.g. to HET then T&C will assist with the transfer via RIS to the relevant workbasket.