Operational assurance: new governance procedures for labour provider work
This guidance has been produced to be used alongside the new caseworker quality review template and the manager checklist.
Everybody in SI has a role to play in the quality process.
Caseworkers need to understand why there is an assurance process and progress their cases according to prescribed HMRC standards and governance procedures, building in process for case reviews.
Team Leaders need to:
- Carry out case reviews on regular basis
- Assure caseworker review process
- Promote and adhere to national LP framework
Regional Managers need to:
- Carry out checks to ensure team leaders have complied with QA process
- Promote and adhere to national LP QA framework
- Complete certificate of conformance and exception reports.
The templates are intended to produce a uniform national process for quality assurance in LP work. They should not be amended or redesigned and there should be no regional variations.
SI and LP are bound by the HMRC Quality Assurance process - details of which can be found on the Intranet:
Risks to Quality
Quality Assurance Reviews
Specific Guidance on how this is applied within SI can be found on the SI Intranet site - SI MAP (However, the whole MAP process within E&C is currently under review and there are expected to be changes to the guidance as a result)