beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

International Manual

DT applications and claims : foreign dividends and interest payments

Exchange of information – form 99

When you receive a claim on form A1 or C1 for repayment of income tax deducted from a foreign dividend or interest payment you should complete a form 99 for any claimant (individuals, companies, including banks and unincorporated concerns) resident in a country with which the UK has a DTA.

You should complete form 99 the first time you receive a claim

If there is more than one holding on the claim form you should report the larger or largest. The information entered on forms 99 is forwarded to the taxation authorities of the UK’s treaty partners under the exchange of information article in the DTAs.

If you receive any correspondence from

  • another taxation authority about one of these reports
  • a claimant or tax adviser about the information exchanged

you should refer the matter to Technical Advice Group.