This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

International Manual

Double Taxation applications and claims: Repayment claims from non-residents: Tax certificates

Before making a claim to repayment of UK income tax the claimant must hold documentary evidence of the deduction of the tax. This will normally be in the form of the original tax certificate(s), or an acceptable duplicate.