Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

International Manual

UK residents with foreign income or gains: capital gains tax: Credit claimed

Where a UK resident has a chargeable gain on which foreign tax is payable and for which foreign tax credit relief is claimed, none of the foreign tax can be deducted in computing the UK tax. Otherwise, follow the general rules for the computation of chargeable gains (CG14200 onwards).