This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

International Manual

UK residents with foreign income or gains: dividends: Underlying tax - insurance companies

Finance Act 2000 made many changes to double taxation relief for insurance companies.

These rules are now in TIOPA10/S96 - S104 but they apply for accounting periods or periods of account (as appropriate) beginning on or after 1st April 2000.

Full details are given in the General Insurance Manual.