This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

International Manual

UK residents with foreign income or gains: income arising abroad: Employment - double taxation

Where a UK employer is required to deduct foreign tax from earnings paid to his employees who are working in the foreign country but remain liable to UK tax, refer to the guidance at PAYE82001.