This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

International Manual

UK residents with foreign income or gains: income arising abroad: Trade receipts

Where foreign tax is paid in respect of a trade receipt, such as a dividend received by a financial trader or a royalty received in the course of a publishing trade, refer to the guidance at INTM168000 onwards.