This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

International Manual

UK residents with foreign income or gains: claims for double taxation relief against UK tax: where claims made

Claims to relief by way of credit are made to an HMRC Officer. All claims are dealt with in the office to which the customer makes their self-assessment return.

See INTM162590 where a claim is disputed.