This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

International Manual

UK residents with foreign income or gains: double taxation relief: Measure of income

Guidance on how to compute the UK measure of income and on the rules of the limit of credit are found at:

  1. Income Tax - INTM165000 onwards
  2. Corporation Tax - INTM167000 onwards
  3. Tax on Chargeable Gains - INTM169000 onwards

More detailed guidance on trading profits and other income arising abroad is given in INTM163010 onwards.