Procedure tables: changes to group registration
This table covers the addition of a member to an existing group, any change to an existing group registration, or a change of the representative member.
- Where a company joins a group registration, ensure any existing registration (for that company) is cancelled.
- When a company leaves a group registration (through their own request or exclusion by the Department), ensure its liability to be separately registered is considered.
- Details should be sent to BTOps for any changes to the registration, or a change of the representative member.
- For a change of the representative member, the request for a company to cease acting as the representative member for the group must be accompanied by the appointment of a new representative member. This will require the completion of Forms IPT 50, and IPT 51 if the old representative member is remaining in the group.
- If the new representative member is in another LIPTO’s area, transfer the IPT folder.
- If the old representative member is leaving the group altogether, consider the liability for a separate registration.
- If the old representative member is staying in the group, the BTOps system will automatically allocate it a new reference number within the group.
- Any disbanding of a group registration, or refusal of an application, should be dealt with by the representative member’s LIPTO.