- For new group registrations:
* if the representative member is not already registered for IPT, they will need to complete Forms IPT 1 and IPT 50;
* if the representative member is already registered for IPT, they will need to complete Form IPT 50 only;
* each other member of the group will need to complete the relevant section of Form IPT 51.
- The completed forms may be sent by the insurer to the LIPTO or direct to CCU.
- If the forms are received direct at CCU, they will contact the LIPTO to confirm the request.
- If the forms are received by the LIPTO, they should be forwarded to CCU immediately, with any relevant comments.
- If the LIPTO receives the documents locally, or is contacted by CCU, they should indicate whether there is any reason to refuse the request. The details will then be input at CCU.
- Each group member is automatically allocated a reference within the group, in the sequence 1, 2, 3, …
- All documentation will then be copied to the LIPTO for the representative member.
- The IPT folder should be prominently marked ‘group registration’ (and a note made of any previous registrations). Information relating to previous registrations should be kept for a minimum of one year, and a maximum of six.
- If any group registrations are refused, because the conditions have not been met, the LIPTO must ensure that each registrable person is then registered separately.
- A letter confirming approval or refusal of the group treatment request is sent to the insurer by CCU.