Payment methods: payment by electronic transfer
Payment may be made by means of electronic transfer (CHAPS/BACS) or by Bank Giro Credit.
To pay by electronic transfer taxpayers must quote
- Bank sort code for Citi 08 32 10
- our account number 12001136 and
the full name of the deceased and the date of death. To pay by Bank Giro Credit they must fill in the Giro slip with
- Bank sort code for Natwest Bank PLC: 62 40 03
- our account number: 10000224
- the name of the account ‘HM Revenue and Customs Inheritance Tax’, and
- the full name of the deceased and the date of death. There may be a delay while the Bank of England notifies us of payment by either an electronic transfer or Giro and it may be a few days before we can confirm that the tax has been paid.