Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Inheritance Tax Manual

Foreign property: valuation of assets: conversion of foreign currency

Shares and Assets Valuation (Foreign) will convert foreign currency into Sterling. The instruction to do this must be issued on a form 516(F) (IHTM18080).

When referring, say why you need the conversion. For example, valuing an asset or checking a claim for foreign expenses. You must also give the date on which the conversion is to be made.

Do not send the file to Shares and Assets Valuation (Foreign).