Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means

HMRC internal manual

Inheritance Tax Manual

HM Revenue & Customs
, see all updates

Foreign property: valuation of assets: loss on sale of foreign land

The relief for loss on sale of land (IHTA84/S190) also applies to foreign land. The procedure is the same as that for relief for loss on sale of land in the UK (IHTM33001).

Shares and Assets Valuation (Foreign) must be told about any sales of foreign land. You should send them a memo with a copy of any relevant documents.