Procedures: types of debt reported on form IHT416
- Debts due to the deceased and secured by mortgage. These could include any money lent by the deceased to someone, which was secured by a mortgage (IHTM04029) that had not been repaid before they died.
- money that the deceased had lent personally to someone else that had not been repaid at the date of death
- money linked to a life insurance policy held in trust, and lent to the trustees (IHTM20501)
- money for which the deceased held a promissory note.
- money for which the deceased held an ‘IOU’
- money owing to the deceased from a director’s loan account or current account with a company.