Reduced account: conditions
All the following conditions must be met before the personal representatives may deliver a reduced account
- the deceased must be domiciled in the UK at the date of death
any or all of the property passing by Will or under intestacy passes
- absolutely, or through an interest in possession trust, to the surviving spouse or civil partner (IHTM11032), who must also be domiciled in the UK, or
- so as to immediately become the property of a body listed in IHTA84/SCH3, or
- so as to immediately become the property of a qualifying charity, or held on trust for charitable purposes only.
- the gross value of property passing by Will or under intestacy to chargeable beneficiaries together with the chargeable value of other aggregable property (joint and settled property, GWRs, foreign property devolving outside the UK) and any gifts made in the seven years prior to death must not, in total, exceed the IHT threshold.