Excepted transfers and terminations - qualifying trusts
The regulations only apply to the termination of a life interest in
- a trust of settled property where the person became beneficially entitled to an interest in possession before 22 March 2006, (IHTM16062)
- a trust for a bereaved minor within IHTA/S71A, (IHTM42815)
- a trust in which there is an immediate post-death interest within IHTA/S49A, (IHTM16061)
- a trust for a disabled person within s.89; or a self-settlement within IHTA/S89A, or a disabled person’s interest with IHTA/S89B (IHTM42805) or
- a trust in which there is a transitional serial interest within IHTA/S49B - 49E (IHTM16061).