Communications: British Document Exchange: what is British Document Exchange?
British Document Exchange (otherwise called ‘Britdoc’ or ‘DX’) is an alternative to the Royal Mail for sending business letters to agents. It is a licensed private postal system whose membership includes many solicitors and accountants and some Government departments.
- offers a considerable saving over normal postal costs, and
- undertakes to deliver all DX correspondence by the following day
All members of Britdoc are required to display their
- DX number, and
- exchange location
on their headed notepaper
A number of solicitors and accountants display document exchange addresses on their letterheads for exchanges other than DX. These include
- CDE (City Document Exchange)
- LDE (London Document Exchange)
- MDX (Midland Document Exchange)
- NDX (Northern Document Exchange)
DX will deliver to these exchanges.