Service work: casework teams
These teams handle the more straightforward taxpaying and non-taxpaying cases.
Caseworkers in these teams are responsible for all aspects of the file, except the collection of outstanding debts. They:
- examine accounts and ask for additional information
- ask questions about valuations and the deduction of debts and issue assessments for tax and interest due or repayable
- liaise with specialist branches
- bring the case to a satisfactory and cost-effective conclusion.
Service case working teams also deal with straightforward lifetime cases involving:
- settlements where there is no interest in possession
- lifetime transfers that are chargeable to tax (IHTM04067) when made.