Information disclosure Gateways with other government departments- Digital Economy Act 2017-Research (Chapter 5)- Definition of Research in the public interest
Research in the public interest is research whose primary purpose is for example, to provide an evidence base for:
- public policy decision making;
- public service delivery
- decisions which are likely to significantly benefit the economy, society or quality of life of people in the UK/ UK nationals or people born in the UK now living abroad
- replicate, validate, challenge or review existing research and proposed research publications, including official statistics
- significantly extend understanding of social or economic trends or events by improving knowledge or challenging widely accepted analyses; and/or
- improve the quality, coverage or presentation of existing research, including official or National Statistics.