This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Information Disclosure Guide

Information disclosure Gateways with other government departments: Department for Work and Pensions (DWP): Requests for information regarding persons other than the claimant

In some cases DWP or local authorities may request information concerning a third party, for example, a spouse or person living with claimant. Before making such a request, DWP or the local authority must establish firm evidence of a connection between the parties that will affect the benefit claim under enquiry. This evidence should be documented in the stencil used to request the information (found atDWP (PDF 42KB), Northern Ireland Social Security Agency (PDF 42KB), or Local Authorities (PDF 30KB)), under the section ‘reason for request’.

Please contact your Data Guardian if you need further advice.