General notes: general
General personal effects
- C3 (Bringing personal belongings to UK from outside the EU).
- C21 Customs Clearance Record for use at DTI Ports and Airports with Inventory units). Not required if non-inventory linked.
- As a preference (but not essential) we would also like a copy of the Airway Bill / Bill of Lading.
Live animals should always have:
- C5 (Bringing your pet into the United Kingdom from outside the European Union). This is submitted instead of a C3.
- C21 Customs Clearance Record For use at DTI Ports and Airports with Inventory units). Not required if non-inventory linked.
- Import Licence (if the animals are classed as endangered species then a CITES Licence is also required).
Human remains should have:
- copy of the death certificate, or
- an official authorisation to remove the remains (eg an authorisation given by the local coroner), or
- a certificate of cremation given by a crematorium authority
- evidence to connect the above evidence with the importation (as per Tariff Volume 3, Appendix E2, CPC 00 00 040, section 4.5).
For military personnel a certificate issued by the Senior Medical Officer in lieu of the death certificate is required.