Educational visits: What should I do on an educational visit?
- Confirm the warehousekeeper and warehouse details on DTR and SEED
- Advise other interested parties of your visit.
- Visit Plan
- Confirm the position of the person who completes the return.
- Establish how the return is completed and examine the build up of documents.
- Confirm the warehouse business/ trading activities (eg does it still meet any required throughput criteria?)
- Confirm the legal entity of the trader
- Ask to speak to the person who has signed the return.
- Examine all the associated paper work (including stock records, AADs, W8s and any alternative receipt/delivery documents)
- Ensure the warehousekeeper is aware of the legal requirement to complete and submit Form W1
- Uplift any outstanding returns or late returns during your visit
- Ensure the warehousekeeper is aware/complying with his record keeping requirements
- Ensure the warehousekeeper is aware of the new civil penalty regime and how it works
- Address any queries the warehousekeeper may have in relation to the return
- Issue the latest editions of the relevant Public Notices to the warehousekeeper and record their issue
- Complete Form EX465B (visit report)
Post visit action
- Send any amended or uplifted returns to NWRC for processing.
- Issue assessments for undischarged AADs
- Complete Form EX12 to amend SEED and DTR records where they are incorrect