Supply Chain Verification Projects: What are supply chain verification projects?
Supply chain verification projects are national projects designed to correctly manage the audit of a supply chain where the traders in the supply chain are located in a number of geographical locations.
A designated project manager is responsible for managing a specific project. In particular, the project manager will:
- Identify and establish the extent of the audit, identifying businesses for the initial audit, key stakeholders etc.
- Manage and ensure communication and co-ordinated effort
- Manage the project and overall audit, including the production of necessary project documentation
- Be directly responsible for reporting and planning each stage of the audit and reporting the outcome of the audit to the Senior responsible officer (normally at Grade 7 [G7]), key stakeholders, other stakeholders and regional co-ordinators
- Be a single point of contact between the project and the CLO and ACCT
- Estimate resources
- Co-ordinate verification issues internally for the project