Administering the reimbursement scheme: the provisions
Under the Revenue Traders (Accounts and Records) Regulations 1992, Regulation 11 the claimant must include in their reimbursement scheme the provisions described in regulation 12. These provisions must be supported by the undertakings prescribed in regulation 16.
The provisions are as follows
- Reimbursement will be completed by no later than 90 days after the repayment to which it relates
- No deduction will be made from the repaid amount by way of fee or charge
- Reimbursement will be made only in cash or by cheque
- Any part of the repayment not reimbursed by the time mentioned at bullet 1 will be repaid to HMRC
- Any statutory interest paid by HMRC is also subject to bullet 1 and 4 above
- The claimant will keep records and produce them to HMRC when given notice to do so.