This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Employment Income Manual

Pensions: particular occupations: local authorities and similar bodies

An employee of a local authority, river board, harbour board or similar body, who becomes redundant may qualify for compensation under various statutory provisions. For details of the types of payment and their treatment for tax purposes see EIM65870.