This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Employment Income Manual

Tax treatment of fire officers: motor mileage allowances

Motor mileage allowances are paid to fire officers who use their own cars for business journeys.

There are no special arrangements for these payments after 2001/02. They are dealt within the normal way under the approved mileage allowance payments (AMAPs) scheme, see EIM31200 onwards.