This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Employment Income Manual

Residence or employment in the United Kingdom: employees from the Irish Republic: taking up employment in the UK

Where an individual takes up employment in the United Kingdom on arrival from the Irish Republic, the case should be dealt with in accordance with EIM42890 onwards. Where, however, the individual is continuing to live in the Irish Republic and is travelling to work daily in Northern Ireland, see PAYE81585.