The benefits code: deductions for expenses payments received
Section 72(2) and (3) ITEPA 2003
A director or employee, (except for 2015/16 and earlier one in an excluded employment (EIM20007)), can obtain a deduction in respect of any expenses payments received which satisfy the conditions of the following (all references to ITEPA 2003):
- necessary expenses in Section 336 (EIM31620 onwards)
- various travel expenses in Sections 337 to 342 (EIM31800 onwards)
- professional fees and annual subscriptions in Sections 343 and 344 (EIM32880)
- employee liabilities and indemnity insurance in Section 346 (EIM30500)
- the expenses of ministers of religion in Section 351 (EIM60040) and
- earnings charged on remittance in Section 353 (EIM40301 onwards).
See example EIM20607.