Control: use of pre-endorsed A.TR movement certificates by approved exporters and EC wide approvals
(Referred to in ECPET04125)
- Simplified procedure for the issue of A.TR certificates and invoice declarations
* You may authorise certain persons, known as 'approved exporters', to use pre-endorsed A.TR's in respect of exports to Turkey. The movement certificates are pre-printed with the 'HQ' authenticating stamp. * You may also authorise approved exporters to issue origin declarations or invoices or other commercial documents in respect of exports of agricultural and coal and steel products.
- Approval of exporters to issue pre authenticated A.TRs
Applications for approval are dealt with by the Authorisation and Returns Team, Peter Bennett House, Redvers Close, Lawnswood Business Park, Leeds, LS16 6RQ.
Large Business areas can also authorise approvals for their traders.
Applications may be considered if it can be shown that:
* the facility would be of significant benefit to the exporter, and * there are no other reasons why approval may not be granted.
- Dealing with applications for approval
On receiving an enquiry from a trader full details of the trader and his business should be obtained. A sample application form is at ECPET06050.
- Issuing approvals
After all necessary enquiries have proved satisfactory, and the trader is considered suitable, an approval number should be given and an approval issued to the exporter together with a copy of the Approved Exporter Leaflet (ECPET06200), which outlines the requirements for approved exporter status.
- Central record of approvals
Once an exporter has been approved a copy of the local letter of approval should be sent to Excise, Customs, Stamps & Money, Customs Duty Liability Team, Southend who maintain a central record of all approved exporters.
- Pre-endorsed forms A.TR (C1232)
Supplies of pre-endorsed forms will be issued to the trader who is responsible for their security and proper usage as set out in the letter of approval.
- Approval of exporters to issue invoice declarations
EC -Export Preference provides guidance on the approval of exporters to make origin declarations on invoice and other commercial documents.
- EU wide approvals
EU wide approval can now be applied to exports to Turkey.
A UK exporter who frequently exports from other Member States, but who wishes to issue pre-authenticated A.TR’s in the UK can apply to the Authorisation and Returns Team or their Large Business Team for a new or extended authorisation to enable this to happen.
It should be noted that exporters already approved for ‘UK exports’ cannot use this facility automatically. They must apply to have their existing approval extended.
UK Customs is obliged to refer any such applications to the relevant authorities in the Member States where such exports would be made.
Once an authorisation is granted, then a copy of the authorisation letter should be sent to Excise, Customs, Stamps & Money, Customs Duty Liability Team.
In addition, there will of course be occasions when checks will be required of UK exporters acting for commercial operators who have requested approval in other Member States. Any such requests are presently routed through Excise, Customs, Stamps & Money, Customs Duty Liability Team