Control: authentication of movement certificates
When satisfied that the A.TR movement certificate is consistent with the export declaration you should:
- write or stamp the next available registration number in the customs endorsement box and complete that box on both copies of the movement certificate, and
- show the type of declaration (NES, manual or Exporter Statement) and any reference number allocated to that declaration.
If you do not enter the details of the declaration the Turkish Customs authorities may ask you to verify the document.
EUR1/EUR-MED certifying stamps should be used to authenticate A.TR Movement Certificates for exports to Turkey.
Use the special ‘EC Preferences’ rubber stamps for stamping EUR1/EUR-MED’s (details of these are shown in EC - Export Preference):
- for A.TR’s write or stamp the registration number used on the manual entry or pre-shipment document (this applies only at those places where the manual entry or pre-shipment document is handed back to the traders or their agents for presentation to the trader or export officer)
- hand the authenticated original A.TR movement certificate back to the traders or their agents
- retain the copy of the movement certificate at the Authenticating Office.