This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Double Taxation Relief Manual

Guidance by country: China: relief from Chinese tax

No special forms are available in this country for the purpose of claiming relief from Chinese tax under the agreement.

Anyone wishing to do so should write to the General Taxation Bureau, Ministry of Finance, Beijing, People’s Republic of China.

To obtain exemption from, or a reduction in, Chinese taxation in accordance with the agreement, a signed and stamped certificate of residence should be supplied by HMRC on request. Where the claimant is a company, INTM120090 gives guidance on issuing a certificate.  Individuals can apply for a certificate using the GOV.UK website.