Double Taxation Relief Manual: Guidance by country: Chile: Capital Gains
Capital gains derived by a resident of the UK from disposals of the following types of assets may be taxed in Chile:
- immovable property situated in Chile,
- shares in a Chilean company deriving more than 50 per cent of its value from immovable property in Chile,
- movable property of a Chilean permanent establishment of a UK enterprise,
- a Chilean permanent establishment of a UK enterprise,
- shares in a Chilean company where the UK resident owned 20 per cent of the capital of the company at any time during the twelve months preceding the disposal,
shares in any other Chilean company, not referred to above, but the Chilean tax is limited to 16 per cent of the gain.