Double Taxation Relief Manual: Guidance by country: Australia: Credit relief
The following Australian taxes are admissible for credit in the UK under the agreement:
- Income tax (including the additional tax on the undistributed amount of the distributable income of a private company).
- Fringe benefits tax from 1st April 2004. (See DT2659A).
- Petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) from 1st July 2004.
The following Australian taxes are admissible for credit under unilateral relief:
- Victorian taxation equivalent, to the extent that it is calculated by reference to Australian (that is, federal) income tax.
- Fringe benefits tax up to 30th June 2004. (See DT2659A).
- Petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) up to 31st March 2004.
- Financial institutions duty (New South Wales).
- New South Wales land tax.